If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (951) 922-2900

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

EWWWWWWW . . . IS THAT MOLD

4/17/2019 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation EWWWWWWW . . . IS THAT MOLD Let us help you get rid of mold and odor. "Like it never even happened."

Certain things shouldn’t be allowed to grow, Mold is one of them.

Not all Molds are created equal

Mold and fungi naturally grow and are part of our environment. Over 100,000 different strands have been found to exist. Certain fungi and molds are useful and even help in the preparation of certain things. For example, Blue Cheese contains a certain mold which helps to give it that peculiar taste we all love and enjoy. If it weren’t for mold, we wouldn’t have the bacteria fighting Penicillin we all need and want when sick. And while certain molds and fungi may add value to our lives, other molds may be harmful and dangerous, especially if allowed to grow and spread in your home.

Mold growth inside your home can be the result of excessive water intrusion or damage not properly handled.

Most water intrusions are the result of storm damage, flooding, plumbing, standing leaks, and poor control of humidity inside the home. Areas that containing moisture and for a long period of time are more likely to have mold. Improper drying and handling of the situation can result in the growth and spread of mold. And while most mold may be visible, mold may also exist in areas not visible to the eye, making this all the more serious since its harder to detect.

The growth of mold in your home may have negative effects on your health.

Among those most affected are:

  • Pregnant woman.
  • Infants & children.
  • The elderly.
  • People with compromised respiratory systems.
  • People with weak immune systems.

Don’t allow Mold to Grow! If you suspect that your home or business may have mold, Contact us immediately at (951) 922-2900

In the Meantime:

What to Do:

  • Stay out of affected areas.
  • Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
  • Contact SERVPRO of Beaumont/Banning for mold remediation services.

Other News

View Recent Posts